I know that it is already the 9th of January, but I never posted about the new year, so here goes. I always enjoy January rolling around because, to be honest, Christmas has never really been my favorite holiday. It just seems so stressful and it's so cold outside, I look forward to January every year. It's so interesting to think back to where I was one year ago (barely pregnant with Oaklie), two years ago (a newlywed and pregnant with Amaya), and three years ago (in high school! haha!). Yikes, my 2008 recap made it sound like we had a shotgun wedding! For the record, we got married, and then we got pregnant. haha. All the changes we'ev had lately make me a little nervous to see what January 2012 will bring. So here's my reflection on 2010 for the Abrams family.
January last year on New Years Eve we were at the hospital because they thought I might be miscarrying Oaklie. Thankfully, everything turned out ok and now she is so big and healthy--it's such a miracle.
February and March these months were a bit of a blur, but we were really happy and having fun being a family. I spent a lot of time on the couch being pregnant and trying to get Amaya to crawl!
April in April Amaya started pulling up and getting lots of bruises, we found out we were having a girl and chose a name and we/I moved out of our apartment (half of the time Dallas was at training, but he moved the big stuff). I remember the when I shut the door on our empty apartment I had the thought that I would look back on this somewhat boring time of our lives and miss it--and I was right! Things got really busy after that but we have also been so blessed.
May This month was spent in Houston. We got a phone call end of April/beginning of May letting us know that Dallas was leaving for Iraq in the fall so we spent a few weeks deciding what we wanted to do and ended up coming back to Idaho so we could spend more time together. Dallas was at training again the end of May and I turned 20 on the 23rd while he was gone.
June In June we moved back officially and I went to Bear Lake with the Abrams while Dallas was at training again. At this point I was feeling very, very pregnant with 2 more months to go! I already knew that Oaklie was going to be a good little baby because she was so soft and nice when she kicked my ribs!
July The 4th we spent with family in Menan and that weekend had a party for Amaya and Dallas. Then Dallas left for (surprise) another training. Luckily Amaya and I were able to go to Boise and meet Dallas for her 1st birthday and we were able to bring him home to celebrate his 25th birthday. Amaya started walking and she hasn't stopped since!
August August was a fun month, we spent 3 weeks together hanging out and having fun and Oaklie was (miraculously) born the day before Dallas was supposed to leave for training. He left again for Boise and Amaya and Oaklie and I went home and spent lots of time sleeping, nursing, and hanging out with family. Dallas and I also hit the TWO year mark at the end of the month, something I am quite proud of!
September In September Dallas came home on leave for a week and a half and we blessed Oaklie and spent a lot of time with family. Looking back now, the week or so we were able to spend as a family of four really feels like a fairy tale to both of us. It was so fun and it makes me so excited for when Dallas comes home. Then Dallas left for Mississippi which was hard but good. I spent the rest of the month singing "Wake Me Up When September Ends"
October This month was a blur of kids, diapers, schoolwork and phone calls to Camp Shelby. Oaklie started smiling and Amaya started trying to make Oaklie laugh. All I can say is that I am so so thankful for all the help we had from friends and family because it was a crazy month.
November The first of the month we moved (again) and I went to New Orleans to see Dallas. He left Mississippi for Kuwait and then ended up in-country on Thanksgiving.
December This was one looong month. We started Skyping with Dallas which was awesome, the semester ended, and we had Christmas. Amaya really took off on the talking and is now saying TONS of things, and Oaklie just grew up so much. She's so alert and giggly, they're both really so fun.
Looking back on the last year, I just feel so very, very blessed. Elder Bednar says, "The Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ." (read the talk here). I know this is true and I have seen His tender mercies in big ways and it very small ways so many times this last year that I am really so very thankful.We became a family of four which is so amazing! 2010 was a great year, and 2011 is going to be awesome as well. I pray that it is slightly less eventful, but I'm excited because 2011 is the year that Dallas comes home! Gotta love new beginnings!
Wow! I don't know how you came out of 2010 alive! Ha ha
ReplyDelete