Thursday, July 14, 2011

R&R Part 2: Independance Day

It was so fun to have Dallas home for the 4th of July.  This year was our FOURTH fourth of July together and the FOURTH year in a row that he played in a softball tournament with his friends.  Yes, we were there in 2010, 2009, and 2008. (pictures on our wedding video).  The last two years in a row I was HUGELY pregnant with Amaya (Jul 16) and Oaklie (Aug 20).  It was so fun to enjoy the warm weather this year without swollen ankles :) I was planning to take more pictures, but I yammered the whole time and only got a few.  Luckily other people took lots and sent them to me, so thanks everyone!
  
2011

Amaya thought she was on the team.



 Amaya "ran" in the 1-2 year old foot race.  I use the term loosely because she stumbled and bawled the whole way to the finish line.  I felt like a stage mom. 
This is the reason I didn't get many pictures of Oaklie.


We love Independance Day!  I love that we all celebrate and have fun, because freedom is a very joyous thing. 

We got together with Dallas' family that night for food and fireworks.  Amaya and Oaklie had a blast playing with their cousins and playing with the fireworks. (Alright, Oaklie was asleep almost the whole time.  Poor little sleepyhead).
 

 Aww...look at all those cute little cousins in their mini camping chairs.  I'm obsessed with miniature objects, which is probably why I got up at 6:00 a.m. on the 4th to go buy baby camp chairs.
*cue music* "Baby you're a firework..."




Aren't these two little cousins so sweet?

Of course, Independance Day this year is especially special concerning our current situation as a family, but hopefully it is very special for everyone because we all enjoy the blessings of our beautiful country. I have a firm testimony of the great plan He has for our nation and I am grateful for the righteous men who played such a vital role in the birth of our nation.
It is such a blessing just to be able to go to church with my little family, and not worry about being harmed.  I'm thankful every night when I put my little girls in a warm bed with full tummies. 

"Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written." --Ether 2:12

"For I, the Lord, the king of heaven, will be their king, and I will be a light unto them forever, that hear my words." --2 Nephi 10:14

If you're looking for a good read, try "America's Promise" by President Marion G. Romney.

No comments:

Post a Comment