Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Updates from Iraq

Yup, it's official, Dallas is in Iraq. Aka: The Giant Sandbox. 
Just a sidenote: Don't google pictures of Iraq unless you want to be tramatized.
After spending a few days in Kuwait, Dallas called me Thanksgiving night to tell me that he arrived safely in-country. YAY! I was excited because the sooner he got to Iraq, the sooner he could come home! Kuwait was a bummer, 10-20 minute phone calls every 2-3 days.  Since he got to Iraq communication has been MUCH better. All I have to say is:

+

=
I LOVE SKYPE! It's awesome.  Talking to Dallas on Skype has been soooo great.  It's so very, very fun.  Skype is about a million times better than phone calls because you can see one anothers faces and expressions, so you don't have as many communication confusions as on the phone and it's a lot more fun to joke around and tease. 

Dallas is doing really well.  He's got a great roommate, he says the rooms are nice, the food is good, and the gym is REALLY good.  If you know Dallas, you know that having a nice gym is a big deal!  Right now he's just learning the ropes from the guys who they're replacing, so he's been pretty busy. Dallas loves being a soldier and he said this in his email the other day, "I am having fun and of course I'm being safe. I want nothing more to take care of the business that we have to here and then bring all the guys back that came with and come home to you guys." I don't want to brag, but I think I have a pretty great husband.

Amaya likes to talk to her dad on the computer.  At first she seemed a little amazed, but after Dallas said her name she pointed at the screen and said, "Da!" I was amazed that she remembered him and was able to recognize him on the computer screen.  They waved back and forth and said "Hi" about a thousand times, but it was really neat that they were able to interact, even though Amaya probably thought it was pretty confusing.  Dallas has been able to see Oaklie on Skype which has been really good too because they were only able to spend about a week together before he left, so it's been fun for him to watch her play!

No pictures from Iraq yet, but here's a couple Dal sent me before he left Mississippi.






Dallas' email address is on the sidebar and if you would like his mailing address, just email me @ carissajclark@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment